Kindertransport FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions About the Kindertransport Program

1) How do I apply to this program?

Please download the universal application form to apply. Alternatively, applicants can call any of our call centers and we will be happy to mail them application forms.

2) Who is eligible?

This fund is open to Jewish Nazi Victims who met the following criteria at the time of transport:

  • they were under 21 years of age, unaccompanied by their parents and took part in a transport that was not organized by the German government in order to escape potentially threatening persecution by German forces;
  • they were transported from somewhere within the German Reich or from territories that had been annexed or occupied at the time;
  • the transport took place between November 9, 1938 and September 1, 1939 or was approved by the German authorities after November 9, 1938 but before September 1, 1939.

3) What is the Payment?

The CSF Kindertransport Fund pays a one-time payment of €2,500.

4) When will payment be made?

Payments are made once the claims are fully processed and approved. We do not expect payments to made from this fund prior to June 2019.

5) Is there an income limit/asset limit?

There are no income or assets limits to this fund.

6) Will this replace other payments that I receive?

The Kindertransport fund payment is in addition to any other compensation payments you may receive.

7) I received previous compensation from another fund, does this prevent me from being eligible for the Kindertransport fund?

Previous compensation (other than the Child Survivor Fund) is not taken into account in this fund and does not affect the eligibility for payment from the Kindertransport fund.

8) Can an heir apply?

Unfortunately, the Kindertransport survivor must be alive at the date of application to be eligible for this payment.

9) Are heirs entitled?

If the Kindertransport survivor applied for the fund, is eligible, and subsequently dies, the surviving spouse may be entitled to payment. If there is no surviving spouse, the child(ren) of the eligible child survivor may be entitled to the payment.

10) How much does it cost to apply?

There is no cost to apply. Application forms are free and there is no application fee.

11) Do I need a lawyer to apply?

There is no need for an attorney to apply to any of the Claims Conference’s compensation programs.

12) Where do I send a form?

The ORIGINAL, completed, signed and certified/notarized application form, along with attachments, should be
submitted to one of the following addresses:

For permanent residents of Germany:

For permanent residents of Israel:
P.O. BOX 20064
6120001 TEL AVIV

For permanent residents of the rest of the world:
P.O. BOX 1215
NEW YORK, NY 10113