Program Officer – Social Welfare
Are you an analytical thinker with impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail? Are you looking to work within a team environment while also having the opportunity to oversee and initiate a variety of simultaneous projects independently? Are you interested in an opportunity to ensure Holocaust survivors can live the remainder of their lives in dignity with access to social services?
The Claims Conference is looking for a dynamic Social Welfare Program Officer to join our Institutional Allocations Department and liaise with social service agencies throughout our grantmaking process. We need a team player who can develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals by maintaining positive communications and providing proactive support to Grantees. Ideally, you have prior experience in foundation work, grants administration and/or social welfare programs for the elderly. This position requires approximately 15% travel.
- Manage a portfolio of Grantees through the grantmaking process, especially tasks associated with managing grant life-cycles;
- Assist prospective and renewal applicants in the development of grant proposals;
- Prepare applications for presentation to an Allocations Committee and the Board of Directors;
- Respond to inquiries from a wide range of constituencies and handle timely correspondence;
- Monitor program budgets and ensure accurate payment and accounting of grants;
- Support a timely and effective grants management processes;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Grantees’ programs and service delivery models in order to advise on best practices;
- Maintain familiarity with regional laws and regulations and community resources that pertain to portfolios;
- Collaborate with colleagues in cooperative approaches to grantmaking;
- Assist with special projects as needed to advance the goals of the department, including the development of systems for collecting data and measuring the impact of the grant portfolio;
- Follow up on audits and remediation plans;
- Perform administrative responsibilities related to the above and to other areas as needed.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following: foundation work, grants administration, developing/supervising social welfare programs, preferably for the elderly;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Approximately 15% domestic and/or international travel;
- Conversance in the any of the following languages is helpful but not required: French, Spanish, Russian.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.