Are you a leader who strives to make a positive impact on your environment? Do you know how to inspire your team to superior job performance? Does your sense of ownership drive your professionalism and desire to create greater efficiencies? Are your impeccable organizational and analytical skills matched with your attention to detail?
The Claims Conference is looking for a Social Welfare Program Manager to lead a team of dedicated professionals and support the Deputy Director in the direction and oversight of the operations of the Social Welfare unit in our Allocations department. We need a strategic thinker and experienced leader who understands the urgency of our mission as well as the nuances of striking a balance between empathy for clients’ needs and the requirements for compliance from funding sources. The essential skills that will enable your success in this role include strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, adaptability to changing needs and requirements, and understanding of fiscal policy. The ideal candidate will have prior managerial experience and serve as a subject-matter expert in grants management and/or social welfare programming, preferably for the elderly. This position requires approximately 10% travel.
- Monitor the application review process; develop recommendations for funding and compile material for presentation to various committees and stakeholders;
- Manage the grant implementation process including allocation letters, budget reviews, reporting and ongoing data collection for outside stakeholders;
- Coordinate team coverage and assess department needs; e.g. when team members travel for offsite visits;
- Manage and provide guidance to program staff;
- Coordinate financial, programmatic and statistical reporting as needed;
- Initiate policy and program enhancements by raising programmatic or procedural issues;
- Conduct site visits to agencies that receive Claims Conference funding as needed;
- Serve as ambassador to represent the organization’s core mission in various settings and meetings;
- Support ongoing developments and enhancements for department grants management platform and internal online reporting system;
- Review and approve payments;
- Liaise with department staff and compliance/auditing teams about Grantees’ audit findings.
- Advanced degree in a related field;
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in a nonprofit organization with a focus on at least one of the following areas: foundation work, grants management, supervising social welfare programs preferably for the elderly;
- At least 3 years of managerial experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Experience utilizing grants management software;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Superior attention to detail with high responsiveness to internal and external clients;
- Approximately 10% domestic and/or international travel.
- The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.