Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer who is deeply sensitive and committed to our mission to join the Executive team in New York. This multi-faceted role calls for an analytical, strategic thinker who can serve as key advisor to the Executive Vice President on all Claims Conference financial and business-related matters. The essential skills that will enable your success include strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, adaptability to changing needs and requirements, and extensive managerial experience. The ideal candidate is an experienced non-profit leader with proven ability to influence change, effectively lead projects, and operate as the Chief Financial spokesperson for the Organization.
- Work with the EVP on the strategic vision of the Claims Conference;
- Interpret complex financial data concisely to a range of different audiences;
- Provide strategic and financial leadership across a broad spectrum of Claims Conference business-related activities, including:
- Investment and commercial banking relationships by serving as the primary liaison with financial institutions;
- Necessary organizational insurance coverage by evaluating and administering risk management and insurance policies;
- Various real estate activities including lease agreements, contractual policies, and procedures as needed;
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations;
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Accounting functions of the organization;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to certify compliance with GAAP as well as applicable federal and state regulatory laws for financial and tax reporting;
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements;
- Oversee all required financial reporting, including audit and tax filings;
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Controller;
- Oversee vendor payment process for various organizational expenses;
- Supervise human resource activities relating to employee benefits, retirement plans and related matters;
- Responsible for development, maintenance, and oversight of the organization’s strategic fixed income investment portfolio, including quality control, policies, procedures, and reporting;
- Ability to initiate and execute multiple bond trades as well as various foreign exchange conversion and hedging techniques;
- Day to day oversight of the Claims Conference investment portfolio in different currencies.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics;
- CPA certification preferred;
- 10+ years of progressively responsible financial and managerial experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with nonprofit management;
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC and IFRS rules and regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing and making management presentations.
To apply please submit your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.