Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting department in New York. The skills that will enable your success in this role include the ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership and urgency in completing your responsibilities. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated analytical and quantitative aptitude and approaches his/her work as a team player.
- Travel expense reporting, including:
- Review of expense reports for accuracy and coding to proper budget line;
- Ensure proper documentation is on file;
- Review of transactions to ensure a valid business purpose has been met;
- Ensure transactions are compliant with corporate policy and investigate, if necessary;
- Prepare payments and obtain necessary approvals;
- Handling Accounts Payable processes, including:
- Process invoices including: reviewing for accuracy and documentation, coding to correct accounting classifications, obtaining approvals, preparing and sending payments by check or wire transfer;
- Review vendor statements and resolve outstanding issues or discrepancies;
- Process payments for consultants;
- Maintain accounting files, including vendor, consultant, and banking;
- Assist with payments to grantees, reconciliation and reporting processes as necessary;
- Assist with other accounts payable duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 1-3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience or equivalent professional experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe System.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please submit your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.