The Claims Conference will consider applications for funding for the following types of capital projects in Israel: establishment, renovation, expansion, upgrading and related purchase of equipment in Old Age Homes, Day Centers, Nursing Homes, Geriatric Centers, or Sheltered Housing. To be considered for funding, all organizations must be a nonprofit organization and have a minimum 50% of Jewish Nazi victims as their residents/participants.
Additional requirements include:
- All Old Age Homes, Nursing Homes, and Geriatric Centers must have a license from the appropriate government ministry
- Old Age Homes and Nursing Homes must accept at least 50% of their patients from the public waiting list and may not charge entrance fees
- Sheltered Housing Facilities must agree to accept tenants from the Ministry of Absorption or the Ministry of Housing. Priority for placement must be accorded to Jewish Nazi victims. The monthly fee is established by the Ministry of Housing and Ministry of Absorption to eligible tenants.
- The Claims Conference will only consider funding up to 25% of the cost of the project. Proof and source of Matching Funds are required.
- Projects must be completed within 24 months of the date of the grant
Applications for Old Age Homes, Nursing Homes, Day Centers and Geriatric Centers are reviewed by an Israeli government-led committee known as the Inter-Institutional Committee prior to being considered by the Claims Conference