We are currently recruiting for the position of Social Welfare Program Officer in our Institutional Allocations Department. This position will involve some international travel.
- Assisting prospective and renewal applicants in the development of grant proposals;
- Reviewing grant applications and communicating with applicants regarding project proposals;
- Preparing applications for presentation to an Allocations Committee and the Board of Directors;
- Monitoring the implementation of grants including assuring budgetary and programmatic compliance;
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with regional laws and regulations and community resources that pertain to their portfolios;
- Assisting with special projects as needed to advance the goals of the department.
- Master’s degree;
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Foundation work and/or grant-making experience; Alternatively, 2-4 years of experience developing/supervising social welfare programs, preferably for the elderly;
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Conversant in the any of the following languages is a plus: French, Spanish, Russian.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.