Program Assistant – Social Welfare
The Claims Conference is a global, non-profit organization committed to providing a small measure of justice to Holocaust Survivors. Our headquarters are in New York while the 200+ social service agencies we fund are located in 47 countries across 6 continents. In 2018, the Claims Conference will distribute approximately $400 million in direct compensation and over $500 million in grants that provide support to over 130,000 Survivors worldwide, including in-home nursing care, hunger relief, medical and dental programs. At the Claims Conference, we honor history while making history.
We have an entry-level opening on our Social Welfare Allocations team that will give you the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to launch your career in grants management and public foundations. You will have the opportunity to join a team tasked with ensuring vital services are provided to Survivors.
- You are the first level of review of quarterly reports, ensuring accuracy to facilitate a smooth and timely payment process for our partner agencies;
- You will become an expert at our online reporting system so you can provide customer support to our partner agencies when navigating this system;
- In working with data, you will find the story it tells about the programmatic features and spending trends of our partner agencies so you can identify any issues that require escalation;
- In building positive relationships with our partner agencies, you will support their compliance with policies and grant guidelines;
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with your team on revising procedures by meeting regularly to evaluate impact of policy changes so you can provide consistent communication to agencies to help them understand the impact to their programs;
- You will complete other quantitative and analytical tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on quantitative, social science or related fields;
- Highly proficient in Excel (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, pivot tables, INDEX + MATCH);
- Keen analytical aptitude that you apply to your problem-solving capabilities;
- Stellar oral and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with strong sense of ownership for your work;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in addition to working well with a team.
- Extremely organized so you can prioritize and accomplish your tasks in timely manner.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please submit your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.