We are currently recruiting for an Information Specialist in our Special Projects department. S/he will report to the Director of Special Projects.
- Assisting local offices with processing of HF and A2 claims;
- Retrieving information / documentation from Holocaust Survivors essential for finalizing claims;
- Retrieving information from Archives that substantiates claims;
- Completing identity verification;
- Entering information in the data base and scanning relevant documents;
- Distributing/shipping claims to the local offices;
- Conducting interviews with Holocaust survivors and recording results in the database;
- Conducting on-line research related to claim processing;
- Performing the “Initial Screening” of an application;
- Examining an applicant’s income and assets;
- Translating key documents (e.g. proof of persecution);
- Validating incoming Annual Life Certificates and related documentation;
- Verifying identification regarding incoming Life Certificates (including for example completeness check if all data is provided, verification of signature, etc.);
- Completing identity verification (including for example verification of DOB and Social Security number).
- Claims Conference individual compensation funds expertise;
- Language skills (French or Russian) according to field of assignment;
- Experience in non-profit field or social work.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.