We are currently recruiting for the position of Director of Finance in the Accounting and Finance Department in the New York Office.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Accounting functions of the organization;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to certify compliance with GAAP as well as applicable federal and state regulatory laws for financial and tax reporting;
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements;
- Assist the CFIO and the Controller with financial reporting as required, including audit and tax filings;
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the CFIO and Controller;
- Work with the CFIO and Controller regarding the vendor payment process for various organizational expenses;
- Supervise human resource activities relating to employee benefits, retirement plans and related matters;
- Deeply sensitive and committed to the mission of the Claims Conference;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics;
- CPA certification preferred;
- 10+ years of progressively responsible financial and managerial experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience with nonprofit management;
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC and IFRS rules and regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Previous experience in developing and making management presentations, and maintaining strong relationships with staff and management;
- Proven ability to influence change and effectively lead projects;
- Able to work effectively under pressure, either independently or as a member of a team.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.