The Claims Conference is currently seeking a Compliance Auditor in our Allocations department. The Compliance Auditor will be responsible for reviewing grantees’ governance and oversight programs. This position will report to the Compliance Development Officer and the Director of Allocations. This position will require 25-50% travel.
- Execute an efficient and effective audit of grantees’ governance structures and oversight, including aspects such as:
- Analyze governance policies and procedures and identify control weaknesses;
- Make recommendations for the development of and oversee implementation of procedures and policies in order to ensure the highest of administrative and governance practices;
- Prepare summary report after each audit for internal and external clients.
- Follow up with grantees on open Grant audit issues until resolved;
- Liaise with Grant Auditors in order to remediate assessed potential risks within compliance and governance of grantees’ policies and procedures;
- Work with grantees on site (requires 25-50% travel, both domestically and internationally).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field;
- 2-4 years of management consulting or internal audit experience;
- Prior experience with compliance and governance work is preferred;
- Previous experience working with or consulting for nonprofits preferred, not required;
- Have, or demonstrate a willingness to obtain an in-depth and current knowledge of social service agencies, and compliance functions within these organizations;
- Ability to develop and carry out audit programs to deliver quality results on time;
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others;
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with external and internal clients on all levels;
- Foreign language skills a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
To apply please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.