Are you an analytical and creative thinker? Do you have a passion for serving others by implementing significant change? Are you a self-starter who thrives on the opportunity to make an impact? The Claims Conference is looking for a dynamic Compliance Manager to join our Allocations department and work with the Compliance Development Officer to review and assess the governance and management structures of the social service agencies we fund.
We need an effective communicator who can serve as a partner to our grantee agencies. We want a team-player who can build positive working relationships. You will enable these organizations to implement industry standards in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. In doing so, you will ensure the highest quality of services are being provided to Holocaust survivors. Ideally, you will have worked with or consulted for nonprofit and/or government organizations and have knowledge of social service agencies’ compliance functions.
- Gain an understanding of grantee agencies’ management and oversight structures, including the relationships between partners and how company objectives are crafted and implemented;
- Ensure that the internal rules, practices and processes by which our partners are conducting business are in compliance with the highest level of integrity;
- Build and execute efficient and effective audits of the governance of these organizations;
- Analyze governance structures and identify weaknesses in internal systems of control;
- Make recommendations for the establishment and integration of procedures and policies that will ensure compliance with all national and international laws;
- Raise awareness of risk and provide education, training and advice to clients;
- Partner with agencies to implement recommendations, ensuring the efficacy and quality of their administrative and governance practices;
- Compose summary reports on audit results to inform stakeholders;
- Liaise with Grant Auditors in order to remediate assessed risks and resolve open grant audit issues;
- 25-50% travel (domestic and international) to grantee site locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, internal audit, and/or understanding of compliance and governance concepts;
- Ability to develop and carry out audit programs and deliver quality results on schedule;
- Proven relationship-building skills with ability to work effectively with clients on all levels;
- Active listener and adept communicator;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Foreign language skills are helpful but not required.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.