Accounts Payable Manager
We are currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Manager in our Accounting department, based out of our New York Headquarters.
- Oversee general accounting operations by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
- Responsible for full-cycle accounting;
- Assist in the enforcement of proper accounting methods, financial policies and principles;
- Ensure correct codes utilized for accounting classification, attain approvals, prepare and send payments;
- Review invoices and travel expense reports for accuracy, documentation, and resolve discrepancies;
- Review vendor statements and resolve any outstanding issues;
- Review contracts with consultants and make payments in accordance with the terms of the contracts;
- Maintain accounting files, including vendor, consultant, and banking;
- Notify Controller of need for funds in bank accounts, preparing bank transfers and attaining necessary approval for and make inter-account transfers;
- Provide payroll backup as needed;
- Management of junior-level staff;
- Performing other accounting functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive accounting/bookkeeping and managerial experience;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with foreign currency activity and IFRS preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative aptitude;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail;
- Display a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines. To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply please submit your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.